In order to save money for the upcoming 2017 and 2018 elections, we are temporarily relocating our headquarters away from downtown Asheboro. We will miss 118 N Church Street and being near the hub of activity in our county seat, but we have located a smaller office suite nearby that will save us over $300 per month in rent and utilities. We hope to move back to the downtown area once the election heats up later this year, but this move will help us recover our financial footing.
Our new Headquarters will be located in a suite within the building at 803 West Salisbury Street across from Bossong and near the Cetwick.
In order to complete this move by the end of January (and our current lease), we need your help.
- Please pick up anything we have on loan from you or accidentally left behind by Monday, January 16th. The new office space is much smaller than our current space. We will not have a big display window or room on the walls for many decorations other than informational maps and party materials. We appreciate everything you have loaned us to brighten up our home on North Church, but we will not have a lot of storage in our new location. If we have something on loan from you or you left something in our office, please reply to this email or leave a message at (336) 629-9003 to make arrangements to pick it up.
- We need volunteers who can help pack and organize next Tuesday, January 17th. You can stop in for the morning, afternoon, or just an hour. We appreciate any time you can give us! The plan is to organize our supplies and prepare them for the move.
- We need volunteers who can help us clean (and finish any remaining packing) on Tuesday, January 24th. We may divide into two teams: one working on finishing up at North Church and the other working on cleaning and preparing our new headquarters for the move. (If we have time and anyone is interested, we may actually start moving smaller items to the new location.)
- We need equipment and volunteers for moving day starting at 9amon Saturday, January 28th. This is the day that we will be moving large furniture including 8 heavy desks. We need the following for this move:
- We especially need people with trucks or vans that we can use to transport the desks less than a mile away.
- Handtrucks, dollys, and straps to move the furniture.
- Volunteers to help us move and unpack.If you can help with any of these on moving day, please reply to this email or leave a message at (336) 629-9003 to let us know you’re available or you have equipment that we may use.